Kris Aquino Interview On "The Buzz"

Please Pray for my mom

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Kris Aquino shares the blessings of being a mom


Kris Aquino and her Baby James have come up with a special musical “edu-training” album under Star Records entitled We are 1. The two-disc musical and educational compilation—soon to have a DVD—is great for mother and child bonding from pregnancy to infant to toddler stages.

In this album, Kris teaches the alphabet, colors, and numbers and also the act of praying which help build a strong foundation in children’s values formation and advancement. Kris was very hands-on with the project and she enlisted the help of Gymboree and her pediatricians. “Ako ang nagsulat ng lahat, I did the instructions, and I shared my own experiences growing up and my experiences sa pagpapalaki sa kanila.”

Kris revealed that the song “We are 1” was written by Annabelle Regalado-Borja, Managing Director of Star Records, while she was pregnant with her child. “Initially, Annabel did the demo for ‘We are 1,’ then later on another girl was assigned to sing it. When I heard it, I felt the difference. I knew the girl wasn’t a mom yet, so I requested na si Annabelle na lang uli ang kumanta. The song is about all those years you have waited to have a child.” Aiza Seguerra, Piolo Pascual, and Gary Valenciano also have songs in the album while Zaijian Jaranilla (Santino of May Bukas Pa) read one of the prayers.

Kris openly imparted that everyday she is inspired by and draws strength from her own mom, Cory Aquino. “If my mom is a 10, I’m trying my best to emulate her.” Despite her mom’s current battle with cancer, Kris never heard her complain nor give up. Instead, she graciously and bravely faces the challenges. Kris also shared that during the days her mom needed hospitalization, Mrs. Aquino would ask her why among all her siblings, Kris is the one who still has time to accompany her to the hospital considering her showbiz commitments. “Mom, of course, we will drop everything for you,” Kris answered.

On being a mom, she shared that one of the biggest rewards is that her kids adore her. “They are mommy-obsessed.” She said that her children are an infinite source of inspiration for her to be a good mother and a good wife to help ensure that their family stays united.

According to the actress-host, she is lucky to have a job like what she has with ABS-CBN because the network has been very solicitous. Contrary to what people might be thinking, since she has a daily show SNN and The Buzz on Sundays, she still has a lot of time to spend with her family. “I have days to bond with my mom, and days to be a mom and a wife.”

No comments:

Post a Comment